[Snort-users] Error when dumping so_rules with custom path using snort 2.9.7.0

Sec_Aficionado secaficionado at ...11827...
Mon Nov 3 11:38:33 EST 2014

OK, I solved the problem.

My snort.conf file had a line in section 9 (SO rules) saying this:
include $SO_RULE_PATH/so_rules.rules

This file (so_rules.rules) did not exist, however, because I was dumping the rules for the first time in this machine. That caused the problem.

I issued the command:
touch so_rules.rules
in that directory and then snort was able to dump the rules without a problem.

SecAficionado