[Snort-users] Error when dumping so_rules with custom path using snort 2.9.7.0

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sat Nov 1 14:01:05 EDT 2014

On 11/1/2014 1:12 AM, Sec_Aficionado wrote:

> I have double and triple-checked snort.conf to make sure all the paths are
> correct and there are no extraneous "/etc/" anywhere, but the error persists.
> Is there a requirement to dump the stubs into /etc/?

snort stuffs that extraneous /etc/ onto paths while trying to find what it has
been told to find... something isn't right somewhere...

double-check your command line and the location of the binary so rules that
snort is trying to create the rules stubs from...