[Snort-users] Request help resolving Snort error on Windows

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Sun May 18 19:30:22 EDT 2014

On 5/18/2014 2:59 PM, Stephen Gantz wrote:
> After installing and configuring Snort 2.9.5.x and 2.9.6.x on Windows 7
> machines, starting Snort produces the error:
>
> Error: c:\Snort\etc\snort.conf(0) Failed to parse the IP address
> 144.241.2.0/182.251.47.0 <http://144.241.2.0/182.251.47.0>.
> Fatal Error, Quitting..

without seeing your snort.conf, we can't even begin to start making wild arsed
guesses let alone any educated guesses ;)

please ensure that you post your response to the list and not in private...