[Snort-users] Maximum length for Content String

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri May 16 21:01:46 EDT 2014

On 5/16/2014 3:29 PM, Venkataramesh Bontupalli wrote:
> Dear Snort Experts,
>
> Could you please tell me know the maximum allowable content string length and
> also pcre string length in a typical snort rule for matching the malicious content.

content string length? as in what? fast_pattern??

i don't understand your question about pcre string length... are you talking
about the length of the regex used in the detections or the length of strings
that may match the regex??