[Snort-users] Unexpected results with reputation preprocessor - solved

Dave Corsello snort-users at ...15598...
Tue May 13 09:57:04 EDT 2014

Sorry, I misspelled Hui's name below.  The correct spelling is, of
course, Hui Cao.

I second James' request for "official" documentation of how to configure
Snort IPS.  Some of us open source users are using Snort inline, basing
our configuration on documentation that we've pieced together from
various sources.  We might be getting it mostly right, but as I've
demonstrated, we might be getting some details wrong, possibly leaving
ourselves more vulnerable than we think we are. So, if possible, it
would be great to see things laid out clearly in one document, so that
there's no guesswork involved.