[Snort-users] URI content not being identified

Jelte masterjel5000 at ...125...
Mon May 12 13:30:09 EDT 2014

Thanks for the explanation, Joel. Given the fact that Snort discards
packets with bad checksums by default, I still think it's weird that
without using "-k none" the rules that filtered on a URL-specific value
in the "content" did trigger an alert and the rules that filtered on the
same value "contenturi" did not and that after using "-k none" the
"uricontent" rules suddenly started generating alerts...