[Snort-users] Baryard2 error

basant subba basantsubba at ...11827...
Mon May 12 09:18:35 EDT 2014

Hello snort users. When I am trying run barnyard to process my unified2
output alerts, I am getting this error.

*database: 'mysql' support is not compiled into this build of snort*

*ERROR: If this build of snort was obtained as a binary distribution (e.g.,
rpm,*
*or Windows), then check for alternate builds that contains the necessary*
*'mysql' support.*

*The error is self explanatory in the sense that my installed version of
snort doesn't support mqsql. My query is how do I rebuild my snort so that
it supports mysql without removing the installed version?*