[Snort-users] BASE installation in snort

basant subba basantsubba at ...11827...
Mon May 12 08:33:14 EDT 2014

Hello Snort Users. I am trying to log my alerts to mysql database. The
snort.conf files says that for debian systems I've to do database
configurations in database.conf file as listed below.....

# On Debian Systems, the database configuration is kept in a separate file:
# /etc/snort/database.conf.
# This file can be empty, if you are not using any database information
# If you are using databases, please edit that file instead of this one, to
# ensure smoother upgrades to future versions of this package.

My database.conf file is

output database: alert, mysql, user=snort password=snort dbname=snort
host=localhost

However when I am running snort, I am getting this error.

ERROR: database.conf(1) Unknown output plugin: "database"
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Can anyone please help me fix this problem?