[Snort-users] Error 500 during update of rule-set using pulled-pork

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Sat May 3 09:21:37 EDT 2014

What is your snort.org<http://snort.org> login?

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2014, at 9:07, "basant subba" <basantsubba at ...11827...<mailto:basantsubba at ...11827...>> wrote:

I am getting the following error when I am trying to update my rule-set using pulled pork

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2956.tar.gz....
    Error 500 when fetching http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2956.tar.gz.md5 at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl<http://pulledpork.pl> line 463
    main::md5file('*oinkcode', 'snortrules-snapshot-2956.tar.gz', '/tmp/', 'http://www.snort.org/reg-rules/') called at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl<http://pulledpork.pl> line 1847

I am a registered user. Some one in the mailing list told me to upgrade my snort. But even after up-garding my snort to version 2.9.6.1, I am still getting the same error.