[Snort-users] View perfmonitor stats file

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Thu May 1 15:59:41 EDT 2014

http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/additional-downloads/#thepigdoktah

On May 1, 2014, at 3:20 PM, Kurzawa, Kevin <kkurzawa at ...16800...> wrote:

I’m trying to tune Snort. I turned on perfmonitor and have it set as such:
preprocessor perfmonitor: time 300 file /var/log/snort/stats pktcnt 10000

However, that stats file is nearly impossible to read. Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to better view this? I didn’t see anything when I searched for it. I would like to be able to read it from the command line on the IDS server itself (no X on the IDS).

Running on Archlinux.

Snort-users list archive: