[Snort-users] View perfmonitor stats file

Kurzawa, Kevin kkurzawa at ...16800...
Thu May 1 15:20:04 EDT 2014

I'm trying to tune Snort. I turned on perfmonitor and have it set as such:
preprocessor perfmonitor: time 300 file /var/log/snort/stats pktcnt 10000

However, that stats file is nearly impossible to read. Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to better view this? I didn't see anything when I searched for it. I would like to be able to read it from the command line on the IDS server itself (no X on the IDS).

Running on Archlinux.