[Snort-users] libdnet.1()(64bit) is needed by snort

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Thu May 1 11:09:32 EDT 2014

Yes, you need to do libdnet yourself, and yes, barnyard2 will compile with
mysql with no problems.

Once you compile libdnet, do:

The project page for it is here - http://libdnet.sourceforge.net/

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdnet.1 /usr/lib/
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libdnet.1 /usr/lib64/

Then ldconfig again

As for BY2, you need mysql-devel

cd barnyard2-master
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib64/mysql
make
make install