[Snort-users] community.rules file - failure error during restart or start of snort

Farnsworth, Robert robert.farnsworth at ...6440...
Thu May 1 08:33:32 EDT 2014

I appreciate everyone's help on this, this issue is now resolved.

-----Original Message-----
From: waldo kitty [mailto:wkitty42 at ...14940...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 9:26 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] community.rules file - failure error during restart or start of snort

On 4/30/2014 3:53 PM, Farnsworth, Robert wrote:
> I have to ask why it works fine when the community.rules file is not included?

the obvious answer to that is because none of the non-community rules that you are using contain that variable ;)

outside of that, joel has provided a URL explaining the variable.. you've probably already looked at it thus this post is mainly for completion of the topic if you have resolved the problem :)

"Accelerate Dev Cycles with Automated Cross-Browser Testing - For FREE Instantly run your Selenium tests across 300+ browser/OS combos.  Get unparalleled scalability from the best Selenium testing platform available.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/SauceLabs