[Snort-users] Verifying Snort rules are updating?

Thu Jun 26 19:49:56 EDT 2014

I used the timestamps of the single file...  (well, I keep the VRT, ET and so_rules in separate files, so timestamps of each of those.)

From: Jeff Meigs [mailto:jmeigs at ...16864...]
Sent: June 26, 2014 1:35 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Verifying Snort rules are updating?

Hello everyone,

We use to pull the rules using our own script but now we switched to using pulled pork. It seems the way its set up now with pulled pork is it dumps everything into that single file.
How are some of you verifying snort is running every day?
We have a report that used to tell us the file dates so we knew it was being updated. Anyone have any other methods?

Thanks,
Jeffrey Meigs
Junior Programmer
SunWest ECU
jmeigs at ...16864...<mailto:jmeigs at ...16864...>