[Snort-users] Verifying Snort rules are updating?

Y M snort at ...15979...
Thu Jun 26 16:44:19 EDT 2014

PulledPork appends a log of the every update process it does. The log by default is stored at /var/log/sid_changes.log. The location of this log file can be changed through pulledpork.conf file.

YM
From: jmeigs at ...16864...
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 20:34:43 +0000
Subject: [Snort-users] Verifying Snort rules are updating?

Hello everyone,

We use to pull the rules using our own script but now we switched to using pulled pork. It seems the way its set up now with pulled pork is it dumps everything into that single file.

How are some of you verifying snort is running every day?

We have a report that used to tell us the file dates so we knew it was being updated. Anyone have any other methods?

Thanks,
Jeffrey Meigs
Junior Programmer
SunWest ECU