[Snort-users] doubt regarding a snort rule

Nicholas Mavis (nmavis) nmavis at ...589...
Fri Jun 20 18:39:48 EDT 2014

Johny,

This is typically a post for the Snort-Sigs list. You can not implement a
pcre in a content match, the pcre option is used for this... Also, I would
recommend cleaning up your rules source/destination network and port. You
should really never have a rule that is ³alert tcp any any -> any any² for
performance reasons.

-Nick