[Snort-users] Question about Sguil

Matt Martin MMartin at ...16693...
Fri Jun 20 16:07:34 EDT 2014

Ohh ok Cool… Thanks for the explanation.

I was just watching the youtube video, very nice...
It was hard for me to read any of the text in the GUI on the video, but was that a building schematic that I was seeing in the video? If so, that’s pretty awesome!

Thanks Again,
Matt

From: Jaime Nebrera [mailto:jnebrera at ...16842...]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 2:12 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Question about Sguil

Haha, no problem

In essence redBorder started as a Snorby on steroids (adding all the rule workflow and probe management side) but it's current code base differs completely. Our initial focus was to add enterprise type capabilities, while new ones insist more in scalability and intelligence capabilities

The public version is a bit old and still SQL based but new one is fully big data based. Hope to make this one public soon, but we have to nail some stuff in place yet

If you want to see the what the 3.x interface looks like here you have a video

http://youtu.be/TqQBIRagEl0

It mixes information from the IPS and Flow (traffic visibility) but you get the idea

Enjoy
Hey Jaime, thanks for the reply as well, much appreciated!

No I haven’t heard of that one before… I’ll have to do some reading on that.

Thanks Again,
Matt

Matthew Martin
Network Administrator
Systems Architecture and Integration
J.W. Pepper & Son, Inc.
191 Sheree Blvd.
Exton, PA 19341
610-648-0500<tel:610-648-0500> *ext. 2233
mmartin at ...16693...<mailto:mmartin at ...16693...>