[Snort-users] Dynamic Rule [X:XXXXX] was not initialized properly.

Y M snort at ...15979...
Wed Jun 11 02:46:00 EDT 2014

Jeff,
The only I have experienced this was tied to when the rules are updated (including so rules) while Snort is still running. In this case we would stop Snort, re-run the update, and then start snort again.
YMFrom: jmeigs at ...16864...
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:48:47 +0000
Subject: [Snort-users] Dynamic Rule [X:XXXXX] was not initialized properly.

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been receiving an error on our IDS units here that displays the following: “snort[XXXXX]: Dynamic Rule [X:XXXXX] was not initialized properly.” It’s not one specific rule either its different almost every time.

This error occurs every 2-5 minutes. Its flooding our error report and I can’t seem to find any information on it. Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Jeffrey Meigs
IT Operator/Junior Programmer
SunWest ECU

Snort-users list archive: