[Snort-users] unsupported file layout

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at ...11827...
Tue Jun 10 14:25:19 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Allan <yummycheese at ...6696...> wrote:
> I just updated snort via pulledpork and got this error.
>
> FATAL ERROR: Failed to load /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/misc.so:
> /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicrules/misc.so: unsupported file layout
>
> A quick search of google doesn't show me anything with a file layout error.
>
> I commented out misc.rules but snort still fails to start with the same
> error.

As sent in reply to one of your many identical posts earlier today
(http://sourceforge.net/p/snort/mailman/message/32440918/):

You almost certainly have the wrong processor architecture or
operating system's binary rules loaded (at least that's what a quick
google for "unsupported file layout" suggests to me).

--
Rob MacGregor