[Snort-users] Dynamic Rule [X:XXXXX] was not initialized properly.

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Tue Jun 10 13:47:29 EDT 2014

On Jun 10, 2014, at 10:48 AM, Jeff Meigs <jmeigs at ...16864...<mailto:jmeigs at ...16864...>> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been receiving an error on our IDS units here that displays the following: “snort[XXXXX]: Dynamic Rule [X:XXXXX] was not initialized properly.” It’s not one specific rule either its different almost every time.

This error occurs every 2-5 minutes. Its flooding our error report and I can’t seem to find any information on it. Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.

Are you using PulledPork?

https://code.google.com/p/pulledpork/

--
Joel Esler