[Snort-users] Unified logging doesn't work.

Steve Crow scrow at ...16818...
Mon Jun 9 17:16:36 EDT 2014

In the /etc/sysconfig/snort file there is this:

#### General Configuration

# What interface should snort listen on?  [Pick only 1 of the next 3!]
# This is -i {interface} on the command line
# This is the snort.conf config interface: {interface} directive
# INTERFACE=eth0
#
# The following two options are not directly supported on the command line
# or in the conf file and assume the same Snort configuration for all
# instances
#
# To listen on all interfaces use this:
#INTERFACE=ALL
#
# To listen only on given interfaces use this:
INTERFACE="eth0 eth1"

I included the full text in a reply to Joel. I am considering changing this to ALL if Barnyard2 will work with a single unified file that covers more than one interface. We're not a high bandwidth operation, so I don't think I need to configure separate processes and configuration files for each interface.

Steve