[Snort-users] Unified logging doesn't work.

Steve Crow scrow at ...16818...
Mon Jun 9 16:19:34 EDT 2014

I am having a similar issue. I am trying to monitor two interfaces.

I have the snort.conf output setup like this:
output unified2: filename merged.log, limit 128,

But I have alert files showing up in each interface directory in plain text.

The /etc/sysconfig/snort file seems to be controlling this, but I don't see
an option for output using unified2 in the sysconfig/snort file, or for
having a merged.log for both interfaces that I can monitor.

Doing a search doesn’t reveal a merged.log either.

Thank you,

Steve