[Snort-users] Network cards for IPS & query related to PFRING

Anshuman Anil Deshmukh anshuman at ...16510...
Thu Jan 23 01:07:23 EST 2014

Hi Mark,

Could you please let me know the stuff you bought from Interface Masters? The exact model number and specs of the NIC or appliance you bought. Also let me know the OS on which you setup the NIC and the bandwidth it monitored. And share any other feedback for the stuff; pros and cons.

Regards,
Anshuman

From: Mark W. Jeanmougin [mailto:markjx at ...11827...]
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:49 PM
To: Anshuman Anil Deshmukh
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Network cards for IPS & query related to PFRING

I have bought stuff from Interface Masters. They're a great company to work with. They have some fail open cards like you're looking for.

MJ

On Oct 17, 2013 3:37 PM, "Anshuman Anil Deshmukh" <anshuman at ...16510...<mailto:anshuman at ...16510...>> wrote:

   Hi All,

   I need suggestions for network cards (supporting fail-open) that can be used with Snort when used as inline. We are looking for multi-port network card (atleast 4 ports for 4 network segments) which can support bandwidth upto 80-100 Mbits/sec per port. Our per snort instance would not go beyond 100 Mbits/sec.

   Kindly recommend the NIC's for this requirement. Also would appreciate if users currently using such NIC's can share their experience.

   I believe for the said snort setup there is no need to install PFRING.

   Thanks and Regards,

   Anshuman

   "Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment." www.cybage.com<http://www.cybage.com>