[Snort-users] Is it possible to setup inline mode with 1 NIC ?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Jan 22 19:19:45 EST 2014

On 1/22/2014 6:31 PM, Gee Zany wrote:
> Oh I see, thanks for the tip.
>
> I'll try to setup virtual NICs on my linux machine and see where I'll end up.

RED FLAG: if the traffic goes in and out on one physical NIC, it is still
possible for traffic to go by and not be processed...

"we've" seen this many times in the past when one machine uses two NICs
connected to the same switch/hub/router...