[Snort-users] Snort appears to be successfully compiled, but I cannot run it.

Y M snort at ...15979...
Wed Jan 22 15:27:50 EST 2014

You can also get an up-to-date snort.conf file from:
http://www.snort.org/vrt/snort-conf-configurations/
YM

From: krimpton11 at ...15979...
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 15:42:05 +0100
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort appears to be successfully compiled, but I cannot run it.

Okay I guess I found out the reason why. Snort, when compiled from source, is not detected as a program by the command 'which' .
I have to cd to /usr/local/snort/bin and execute './snort' instead.  The first execution has some errors which were solved by 'sudo ldconfig' .
I have another query though, is snort.conf supposed to be manually created by ourselves ?