[Snort-users] Snort appears to be successfully compiled, but I cannot run it.

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Mon Jan 20 13:41:32 EST 2014

On 1/20/2014 12:51 PM, Jeremy Hoel wrote:
> If you are compiling from source there is an example config file in the tarball.
> Just copy and modify to meet your needs.  There should also be one in the rules
> tarball too.

and one of those is better to use than the other... IIRC, the 'good' one
specifies the build options that VRT use and most folks should use the same
options when compiling their snorts...