[Snort-users] Snort appears to be successfully compiled, but I cannot run it.

Jeremy Hoel jthoel at ...11827...
Mon Jan 20 12:51:03 EST 2014

If you are compiling from source there is an example config file in the
tarball. Just copy and modify to meet your needs.  There should also be one
in the rules tarball too.