[Snort-users] Is it possible to compile Barnyard2 with MinGW/MSYS

ResQue resque1980 at ...11827...
Sun Jan 5 06:36:19 EST 2014

Is it possible to compile Barnyard2 with MinGW/MSYS?
Or is there something in the code that is dependent on POSIX related
calls or functions, i would rather not use cygwin unless i have to.

I just tried to run autogen.sh, and this is the output i got, it seems
to be partily working untill it gets to autom4te, i could really do with
some advice from someone more experienced.

./autogen.sh
Found libtoolize
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.in: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
' is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
/usr/src/autoconf/autoconf-2.68-1/src/autoconf-2.68/lib/autoconf/status.m4:290:
AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.in:1122: the top level
/bin/m4: cannot remove temporary directory /tmp/arpvWDKH/m4-iQz1n9:
Directory not empty
autom4te-2.68: /bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: /usr/bin/autom4te-2.68 failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
You can now run "./configure" and then "make".