[Snort-users] Snort is not able to forward report to Base.

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Fri Jan 3 10:14:41 EST 2014

On 1/3/2014 9:35 AM, Stephen Fernandis [IT Shared Services – Hub] wrote:
> Hi Ayodele,
>
> Thanks for your assist,
>
> 1)is logging to MySQL via barnyard2
>
> Ans Yes I logged the mysql via barnyard2, but as per below url of windows snort
> installation I ignore this step during as mention in screenshot.

that doesn't sound like a good thing to do...

> Because I didn’t get the activators and /'sid-msg.map' /file on snort site
> and google. Please let me know due to that reason I facing the issue of
> forward generated logs to Base.

you have to build the sid-msg.map file... that's what the second tool
(create-sidmap) unzipped in that snapshot was for... i don't know how to tell
you to execute it, though...

i don't have any idea about those activators because i do not run critical
packages on winwhatever...