[Snort-users] Snort is not able to forward report to Base.

Stephen Fernandis [IT Shared Services – Hub] fernans at ...16617...
Fri Jan 3 09:35:42 EST 2014

Hi Ayodele,

Thanks for your assist,

1)   is logging to MySQL via barnyard2
Ans Yes I logged the mysql via barnyard2, but as per below url of windows snort installation I ignore this step during as mention in screenshot. Because I didn’t get the activators and 'sid-msg.map' file on snort site and google. Please let me know due to that reason I facing the issue of forward generated logs to Base.

http://winsnort.com/index.php?module=Pages&func=display&pageid=40

[cid:image002.png at ...16650...]

2)   Check your MySQL database and make sure BASE already has its tables added to the existing Snort Database.
Ans yes I had created.

3)   Why using Windows 7 and not a Linux OS?
Ans I am not comfortable  with linux OS.

Kind Regards,
Stephen Fernandis
Network & Security Domain, Information Technology |MTN-HUB
Cell + 256 785373903 Desk +256 312125995 |email : fernans at ...16617...<mailto:fernans at ...16617...>