[Snort-users] Receiving alerts for a disabled rule

SnortFan SnortFan at ...131...
Fri Feb 28 11:55:20 EST 2014

Hmm try this:

Double check your snort.conf to make sure of where your pulling your rules from. Then do a grep in that folder against all the .rules files against the Sid number.  Maybe it's in another file that's getting used?

Also, are you looking at it from an interface like base or at the new unified2 file it starts writing too upon restart. The reason I'm asking is that an tool like base could have alerts queued.

Cheers,
Ed

Sent from a mobile device.