[Snort-users] I need an IDS that sends critical alerts by email

Jeronimo L. Cabral jelocabral at ...11827...
Wed Feb 26 13:14:22 EST 2014

Dear Doug, just a short question: is it possible to use Security Onion as
an IPS in place of IDS ???

In the afirmative case, just tell me a link to read.

In the negative case, which is the best IPS open source solution ???

Thanks a lot !!!