[Snort-users] Re-Compiling Snort?

MMartin at ...16693... MMartin at ...16693...
Mon Feb 17 12:51:20 EST 2014

Hey All,

Installed Version: Snort v2.9.6.0
OS: OpenSuSE 12.3 (x86_64)

I have already downloaded/installed and configured Snort on my server
running OpenSuSE 12.3, and everything seems to be working just fine.

But when I compiled/configured Snort I did NOT include any of the MySQL
Options, in order to configure MySQL for BASE and Barnyard2. But I would
like to get these 'add-ons' for Snort going if I can. So would I be able
to Re-Compile/Re-Configure Snort and just replace whichever files would
need replacing after re-compiling, if possible... Does that make sense?

I don't believe I included any options along with the "./configure"
command(s) when I ran them initially, as far as I remember...

I did find this guide below for Configuring Snort with BASE, Barnyard2,
Oinkmaster, and MySQL. But I didn't find this until after I already
installed Snort.
        This is the Guide I found --> http://freelinuxtutorials.com

And the command I SHOULD have run when I first configured Snort to include
MySQL was:
        ./configure –with-mysql –enable-dynamicplugin
–with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib64/mysql

I already have all the prerequisites installed, so could anyone tell me
what I would need to do if I want to achieve this? Would I just re-run the
configure, make and make install commands with the appropriate command
line options this time, on a fresh copy of Snort and just replace the
already existing files..?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt