[Snort-users] Barnyard2 problems with reputation preproc rules

beenph beenph at ...11827...
Wed Feb 12 12:39:12 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Dave Corsello
<snort-users at ...15598...> wrote:
> elz,
>
> I started getting insert errors again on the new 5.5 database, so I
> upgraded the MySQL library files on my Snort sensors to 5.5 this morning.
>
> FYI the libraries that I needed to update were libmysqlclient-dev,
> libmysqlclient18 (which is the 5.5 version; libmysqlclient16 is the 5.1
> version) and mysql-common.  I couldn't find the source for these, and
> they aren't available in the ubuntu package system (they're available
> for ubuntu 12.04, but not for 10.04).  After searching for awhile, I was
> able to find them on ubuntuupdates.org.  After running
> `add-apt-repository ppa:nathan-renniewaldock/ppa` I was able to install
> the libraries with apt-get.  Barnyard2 wouldn't run without a
> recompile.  The only configuration option I use is --with-mysql.
>
> Just before sending this message I checked and found that there was an
> insert error.  As before, the records are in the database, so the
> initial transaction must be failing, followed by a successful
> transaction.  Back to square 1.

Dave,

Can you give more details on the error you are getting?

Im not sure i understand how it is failing and then you are getting
a sucessfull transaction?

Details,Details,Details Dave.

-elz