[Snort-users] config problem

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Sun Dec 21 08:12:50 EST 2014

You probably want to look at a host based antivirus first, then try and detect network activity.

See Immunet.com<http://Immunet.com>.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2014, at 9:45 PM, xyz xyz <xyz99999999 at ...16349...<mailto:xyz99999999 at ...16349...>> wrote:

Hi,

I'm using snort on Windows 7.  By running snort in ids mode, it shows the following message:

ERROR: d:\snort\etc\snort.conf(246) Missing/incorrect dynamic engine lib specifier.
Fatal Error, Quitting..

But the line in snort.conf is correct. Besides, I put all the absolute paths as the manual says:

line 246: dynamicengine D:\Snort\lib\snort_dynamicengine\sf_engine.dll
My computer is under attack. For example, the volume control moves without my intervention, or when I want to save an image the browser don't save it, but when I record the screen with a screen recorder program then the browser saves it as appropriate. Before, this didn't happen.

Any suggestion?