[Snort-users] Snort++ Extras

Y M snort at ...15979...
Tue Dec 16 13:11:04 EST 2014

Russ jumped in and fixed it in a previous post :). Thanks Joel and sorry for the noise.
YM

From: jesler at ...589...
To: snort at ...15979...
CC: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Snort++ Extras
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 18:07:52 +0000

I just tried it, worked perfectly for me?

YM

Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:07:13 +0000
Subject: Snort

Snort++ ExtrasPosted: 16 Dec 2014 07:00 AM PSTSnort++ ExtrasSnort++ is all about plugins. It has over 140 by default and makes it easy to add more in C++ or LuaJIT. This post will walk you through building and running a set of extra example plugins. If you haven't installed and verified Snort++, you will need to do that first. We will cover the following topics:
OverviewDownloadBuild ExtrasRun ExtrasNext StepsOVERVIEWThe following things are pluggable in Snort++:
codec - decode and encode support for a given protocoldata - additional configuration for inspectorsinspector - replaces Snort preprocessorsips_option - IPS rule option like content and byte_testips_action - IPS rule action like alert and blocksearch_engine - fast pattern matcherlogger - event handersSO rules - dynamic rulesDOWNLOADThere are two extra tarballs, once for autotools and one for cmake:
    snort_extra-1.0.0-a1-130-auto.tar.gz
    snort_extra-1.0.0-a1-130-cmake.tar.gz