[Snort-users] Snort 3.0 Alpha 1 b130 Now Available
snortreleases at ...950...
Thu Dec 11 10:06:07 EST 2014
The Snort team is happy to announce the first alpha release of Snort
3.0, which includes the
* Support for multiple packet processing threads
* Use of a shared configuration and attribute table across different threads
* A simple, scriptable configuration with strict grammar
* Updates to make key components plugable
* Auto-detection of services for port-less configuration
* Support sticky buffers in rules
* Auto-generation of reference documentation
* Improved support for cross platform building/deployment
The code can be obtained from snort.org under
The code can also be obtained via a github repository
Snort 3.0 is a complete overhaul of Snort 2.x, and the focus has been on
configuration and grammar, and it is initially based from an early build
of Snort 2.9.6
with just HTTP Inspect and FTP. Information about Snort 3.0 can be
found on the
website under http://www.snort.org/snort3.
Look for blogs with additional information, how to guides, etc as well
as updates to the
Alpha as we hear about issues, requests for changes and improvements,
and roll out
additional dynamic inspectors, bringing the functionality up to more
recent Snort versions
over the next few weeks and months.
We're looking forward to hearing all of your feedback, positive and
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-users