[Snort-users] Rules updates broken?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Dec 10 20:21:03 EST 2014

On 12/10/2014 6:56 PM, Cary Townsend wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We use wget to obtain rule updates from snort.org with our oink code, but it
> is now broken.  Apparently, snort.org is now behind cloudflare, which denies
> direct IP access.  Basically, the cert wget ultimately receives is
> cloudflare's cert, not snort.org's.  A web browser seems to get redirected
> somehow to the real snort site and gets the snort.org cert.  Thoughts?

wget works fine over here...  we've not seen any problems using it other than a
few niggles here and there that were easily taken care of...

do you perhaps mean amazonaws instead of cloudfare?

what url are you using to get the rules? (obfuscate your oinkcode)

what version of snort are you trying to get rules for?