[Snort-users] Daq module for wndows

Argcyborg argcyborg at ...11827...
Mon Dec 8 14:03:30 EST 2014

Thanks Joel for the replay, do u know any other way to drop a packet with
and specific string in windows ?

Now I can alert if the packet enters, but can´t drop it.

Im using an app that not work in a Unix based OS.

Thanks again !

De: Joel Esler (jesler) [mailto:jesler at ...589...]
Enviado el: lunes, 08 de diciembre de 2014 02:36 p.m.
Para: Argcyborg
CC: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Asunto: Re: [Snort-users] Daq module for wndows

No, Inline mode is not available for Windows.  We recommend a Unix based OS
for that.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager

On Dec 8, 2014, at 11:48 AM, Argcyborg <argcyborg at ...11827...> wrote:

Hi, there´s a way to use snort in windows in inline mode ?

I need that snort can drop a packet with an specific string on it, is that
possible ?

Windows 2003 x64 Enterprise

Snort 2.9.70

Thanks in advance