[Snort-users] worms detection

Eugeniu Babin eugen.babin at ...11827...
Mon Dec 8 11:01:17 EST 2014

Hi All,
I have a question regarding the possibility to catch worms activity by
using SNORT.
Currently I have SNORT 2.9.7 (with Personal subscription for Rules 29
USD/Year) running and sniffing a part of the  network. I'm sure that some
of stations are infected with Conficker worm (for example), but
unfortunately My snort is quiet about this.
So:
Q1: Is snort capable to detect such worms like conficker ?
Q2: If Yes should I be able to identify worms with My Personal subscription
?
Q3: Should I upgrade to Business subscription?

Thank You,
Eugene