[Snort-users] Multiple errors on Snort

Anshuman Anil Deshmukh anshuman at ...16510...
Fri Dec 5 00:47:55 EST 2014

Hi,

I recently upgraded my working setup of Snort from version 2.9.6.1 to version 2.9.7.0. After upgrading I am facing following issues.

1.       I cannot update the so_rules via pulledpork. It's even not working when if I try to dump the so_rules manually. It is picking up the weired path (same as mentioned in the thread http://seclists.org/snort/2013/q4/126) . It is said in this thread to touch or copy. I couldn't understand what exactly needs to be done. What is the resolution to it. I already copied the required .so files so as to dump dynamic option to work. On which files am I supposed to do the touch?

2.       If I try to disable the so_rule configuration within snort.conf and pulledpork.conf, it gives me error "ERROR: /etc/snort/snort.conf(373) => Too many parameters for option in Session config."

Please suggest what should be done to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Anshuman

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment." www.cybage.com