[Snort-users] Unknown ClassType: web-application-attack

Matt M. mr10001 at ...11827...
Sat Aug 30 11:57:49 EDT 2014

Thanks Y.  I did what you said, then ran into whitelist/blacklist 507
errors.  So I commented out...

# If you are using reputation preprocessor set these
#var WHITE_LIST_PATH /etc/snort/rules
#var BLACK_LIST_PATH /etc/snort/rules

AND

# Reputation preprocessor. For more information see README.reputation
preprocessor reputation: \
   memcap 500, \
   priority whitelist, \
   nested_ip inner, \
#   whitelist $WHITE_LIST_PATH/white_list.rules, \
#   blacklist $BLACK_LIST_PATH/black_list.rules

Then I'm back in the same boat with the same error that I had before
related to the web-application-attack.

Thanks for any ideas on this one,

--
Matt M., CISSP, GCFE, GCFA