[Snort-users] Pulled Pork 404 Errors?

Y M snort at ...15979...
Fri Aug 29 16:05:15 EDT 2014

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:37:46 -0500
From: mr10001 at ...11827...
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Pulled Pork 404 Errors?

Total Noob Here,
I'm receiving the following error and cannot seem to figure out how to resolve it:

>Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2962.tar.gz....

>A 404 error occurred, please verify your filenames and urls for your tarball!

>Error 404 when fetching https://www.snort.org/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2962.tar.gz.md5 at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 463.

Can you post the "rule_url" from your pulledpork.conf? (without your oinkcode).

>main::md5file('<oinkcode>', 'snortrules-snapshot-2962.tar.gz', '/tmp/', 'https://www.snort.org/rules/') called at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 1847

I'm on OSX and used brew to install snort and pulled pork v0.7.0.  I've tried modifying both the pullpork.pl and conf file to adjust the url's by removing the ...org/reg-rules/ and change it to ...org/rules/ and even tried to remove the "S" from HTTPS in the url's as well.

I'm I even in the right ballpark?
Thanks for any assistance with this,

--
M, CISSP, GCFE, GCFA

“To disagree leads to study, to study leads to understanding, to understand is to appreciate, to appreciate is to love. So maybe I’ll end up loving your theory.” -John Wheeler

Snort-users list archive: