[Snort-users] Urgent

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Wed Aug 27 14:56:50 EDT 2014

I believe this to be two drinks.

http://blog.joelesler.net/p/snort-drinking-game.html

On Aug 27, 2014, at 10:07 AM, Shirkdog <shirkdog at ...11827...<mailto:shirkdog at ...11827...>> wrote:

On Aug 27, 2014 8:54 AM, "John Gomez" <john.gomez at ...3027...<mailto:john.gomez at ...3027...>> wrote:
Predictive attack probability would be cool

On Aug 27, 2014, at 4:54 AM, Bankole Agunbiade <kolebiade at ...11827...<mailto:kolebiade at ...11827...>> wrote:

I am in dying need of ideas regarding my thesis, which has to do with snort as an IDS (Topic is: evaluation of IDS with Snort as case study). i have done the basic experimental setup of snort in a VMware and configured snort to generate logs and alerts which has worked perfectly well but i was asked to dig deeper and do more complicated and interesting experiments with snort, like working on its vulnerabilities or finding means of visualising snort rules and all of that.

I have been looking for ideas in what direction to take my work but i have not found much, so am wondering if u could expose me to more stuffs about snort and point me in a direction to go.

Many Thanks

Bankole