[Snort-users] Urgent

Bankole Agunbiade kolebiade at ...11827...
Wed Aug 27 04:54:31 EDT 2014

I am in dying need of ideas regarding my thesis, which has to do with snort
as an IDS (Topic is: evaluation of IDS with Snort as case study). i have
done the basic experimental setup of snort in a VMware and configured snort
to generate logs and alerts which has worked perfectly well but i was asked
to dig deeper and do more complicated and interesting experiments with
snort, like working on its vulnerabilities or finding means of visualising
snort rules and all of that.

I have been looking for ideas in what direction to take my work but i have
not found much, so am wondering if u could expose me to more stuffs about
snort and point me in a direction to go.

Many Thanks

Bankole