[Snort-users] Tcp session hijacking

Meysam Farazmand farazmand.meisam at ...11827...
Tue Aug 19 13:00:26 EDT 2014

Hi Jefferson,

When we do a man in the middle attack, all of devices arp tables updates
with mac address of attacker. So this changes in mac address should be
detect as session hijacking with stream5 preprocessor. Because stream5
check_session_hijacking option rely on changes in mac address of a tcp
connection.

Also my switch is unmanaged and has no capability of mac spoofing detection.