[Snort-users] Tcp session hijacking

Joel Esler (jesler) jesler at ...589...
Tue Aug 19 08:33:18 EDT 2014

Sorry about that.

129:9 and 129:10 are the preprocessor alerts.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 19, 2014, at 8:02, "Meysam Farazmand" <farazmand.meisam at ...11827...<mailto:farazmand.meisam at ...11827...>> wrote:

Hi Joel,

But according to snort user manual, stream5 check_session_hijacking option is based on mac address checking on both side of a communication.

More exactly:
" Check for TCP session hijacking. This check validates the hardware (MAC) address from both sides of the connect - as established on the 3-way handshake against subsequent packets received on the session. If an ethernet layer is not part of the protocol stack received by Snort, there are no checks performed. Alerts are generated (per 'detect_anomalies' option) for either the client or server when the MAC address for one side or the other does not match. The default is set to off."