[Snort-users] Tcp session hijacking

Meysam Farazmand farazmand.meisam at ...11827...
Tue Aug 19 07:59:51 EDT 2014

Hi Joel,

But according to snort user manual, stream5 check_session_hijacking option
is based on mac address checking on both side of a communication.

More exactly:
" Check for TCP session hijacking. This check validates the hardware (MAC)
address from both sides of the connect - as established on the 3-way
handshake against subsequent packets received on the session. If an
ethernet layer is not part of the protocol stack received by Snort, there
are no checks performed. Alerts are generated (per 'detect_anomalies'
option) for either the client or server when the MAC address for one side
or the other does not match. The default is set to off."