[Snort-users] May be wrong error msg

Balasubramaniam Natarajan bala150985 at ...11827...
Sat Aug 16 14:01:13 EDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 10:53 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at ...14940...>
wrote:

> snort automatically adds etc/ to paths when it cannot access the specified
> file... are your permissions correct for the file in question so that
> snort can
> load it??

Well I figured out that there was no file with that name in the rules
directory and I had removed that rule line from the snort.conf file.
However why would snort add */sec/snort/etc/* to the path without which I
could have spotted the error more easily.  Does it signify the place from
where my conf file is getting loaded ?  If yes, I would not understand the
reason for that.

--
Regards,
Balasubramaniam Natarajan