[Snort-users] community.rules file - failure error during restart or start of snort

waldo kitty wkitty42 at ...14940...
Wed Apr 30 21:25:41 EDT 2014

On 4/30/2014 3:53 PM, Farnsworth, Robert wrote:
> I have to ask why it works fine when the community.rules file is not included?

the obvious answer to that is because none of the non-community rules that you
are using contain that variable ;)

outside of that, joel has provided a URL explaining the variable.. you've
probably already looked at it thus this post is mainly for completion of the
topic if you have resolved the problem :)